Tuesday 7 October 2014

Life Block

My boss announced just recently that he's restructuring..which means bad news..He's already approached me to warn me that my position will turn into a part time position.

It's not like it's a bad thing, I'll get my sickies, holiday pay, yet I feel dread in my heart..for the mere fact that I have been working casually for the last year or so..and happy in that role..despite being casual the shifts were regular..it gave me the freedom to choose to accept my shifts or not..or to swap days..

Being part time means having to apply for leave..on rosters for weekends and on call..  colleagues have tried to settle me by saying you can always give your shifts away..etc.

Feels like I am being trapped, it's not the money as my pay will be less as a part timer..it's just that dreaded feeling of being trapped, no where to run. 

I remembered I applied for the job wanting part time so that my shifts are regular..and when I was offered the casual position I was worried that I might not get shifts..when the shifts came regularly I was happy..I had it both ways..flexibility..good pay..which suited me..

Then why am I like this? I know the last few days I have been searching for ways out..trying to find ways of running away yet again..it's me now..when I feel trap I feel like running..the trick to keep me is not to let me feel trap..lol..easier said than done..


No comments:

Post a Comment