Monday 4 January 2016

Reminiscing

I wanted to write tonight..I haven't for a long while for words won't flow..and my philosophy had always been what's the point of writing trash?
A guitar post had me reminiscing..the hurt is not there anymore..just memories..time does heal even though at the time I didn't think so..I was deeply hurt from the betrayal..betrayal of someone close that I had confided in..she fell in love with me..she even uttered the three words..I love you..when I rejected her advances she got upset and well the rest is history..
She used to tell me knowing me made her pick up her guitar..one that had sat in the corner forlornly for years..and she'd played and played like never before..
We played duets yet we've never met..I would record my bit..send it to her..she would play along with the recording and send me back the recording of the duet of her accompanying me hiding all my mistakes..that was her talent..she played the guitar like it was an extension of herself..not like me with my flute..clumsily..often out of rhythm..I can only play common time..easy ones when it gets to 6 8 or anything difficult I just make it up..
My excuse..I play for fun..why so serious? as long as one has fun then why not?
and we did have fun..playing and recording..my playing did improve somewhat..
Some days I wished she'd never uttered those three words..may be then the phobic me wouldn't have ran away..and there might have been more duets to play..
The duets are somewhere around..Miss hoarder me rarely chuck anything away..

No comments:

Post a Comment