Tuesday 22 December 2015

A Double Life

The other day I met up with one of my oldest friends..we've known each other since we were in Girl Guides? pre-teen? and yet now in our 40s we've only grown closer after seeing each other nude in the onsen..how funny is that? it's like all the years apart melted away..she moved overseas when I had my oldest..my oldest just turned 19..

She shared with me what she's kept for the last year..due to circumstance she had to keep it hidden from everyone..in doing so she confided how she had felt guilty about keeping it from us..her friends..
One thing lead to the other and all my secrets came tumbling out.. I was much worse than her..I've kept mine for decades..

She asked for my reason for hiding mine..I replied..for one you're Catholic..what has that got to do with it? I paused..no..that's not the main reason..I didn't want your image of me..of us ruined..She asked me why share now? I can't remember what I'd said..I remembered her eyes..the look she gave me..and it was time after all..

She..guess we were both living a double life..to think you guys are one of the most proper couples that I know..others read about it or watch it..you act it out..

All afternoon she was like and I thought my life was complicated..at least I made her felt better that her life is not that complicated..mine is a million times worse..all of my own doing of course..

I kind of wonder what she think of me now? I hope by the time we meet next.. it has all digested..for decades of secrets is a lot to take in..but then decades of friendship outweighs them any day..






No comments:

Post a Comment